Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 11 of my 60 Day Juice Feast

Update

Today has been a pretty good day. I've had a couple of walks and the cravings are much better. I think you have to go through some trials to get to a new level in this experience.

So tonight, I'm off to make some treats for the kids. I'm not going to be updating every day from here on out. I'll try to do every second day unless I have some good recipes or something useful to talk about.


Today I've stuck with the same green juice. I have to make some more tonight and will probably do some watermelon. I know it isn't exciting, but I have 4 or 5 that I really like and those are what I tend to use.

One good juice that I might try later is warm apple juice with cinnamon. You juice 3 apples, warm it up on the stove--not too hot or you'll kill the enzymes. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and drink. It's a nice, soothing drink to have before bed.

I'm off to cook now, but I'll leave you with this easy recipe.


Kale Chips

These are a healthy alternative to potato chips and don't have all the chemicals in them that other flavored chips have. My kids love them.


  • 1 bunch of kale
  • 2 Tblsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice or other vinegar) This is optional, so you can leave it out if you like.
  • pinch of sea salt

  1. Wash the kale and dry thoroughly--a salad spinner works well for this. 
  2. Rip into bite size pieces
  3. In a large bowl combine oil, vinegar and salt.
  4. Add kale pieces and toss with your hands to coat all pieces well.
  5. Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Watch them carefully. 
They should be crisp but still green. Alternately you can heat the oven to 150 and put the chips in with the door slightly ajar for a couple of hours. I'm usually not that patient.

Serve. I generally have a problem getting them into the bowl as my youngest likes to eat them right of the tray before I get the chance. :) Enjoy! Try other toppings and combinations of flavors. Experiment!


Until next time. Juice on!

Well, I ended up eating a salad tonight. Still, that's the longest I've gone on just juice and I'll be back on my juice tomorrow. Spinach salad with green onion and tomato. Shouldn't slow me down too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment