Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 3 of 60 Day Juice Feast

People who do juice feasting who only have themselves or their husbands or wives to worry about have it easy. It makes it so much harder when you have to prepare food for your family. So there are no excuses for any of you out there who are interested in trying a juice feast. If I can do it, anyone can.

I made cookies for the kids today--peanut butter cookies. It's rare that I treat them to something like that these days, but I managed to do so without even tasting to see if they were good. I followed the same recipe I always do, so they should be good. And, by the rate at which they disappeared, they must have been.

I've had a pretty easy day as far as cravings go. The hummus was much more tempting to me than the cookies. But I managed to get through another day. I feel good and have plenty of energy for what I need to do.

I do feel a bit tired and my head feels fuzzy. It's detox no doubt. As weight is released, so are the toxins that was stored in the fat. So, more rest is in order for me. It's also rainy here which doesn't help a lot.

One of the best things I've found for when I'm feeling icky is to get outside and go for a walk, even if it's a short one. Just being outside surrounded by trees and grass in the fresh air helps a lot. I'm lucky here as I walk a half a block and I'm in the park, then I can follow the path all the way to the river, and I'm practically in the woods the entire way. There's a creek along side the path with wildlife and running water. It's gorgeous. A little piece of heaven.


I bought a massive watermelon today.


So, tomorrow looks like a watermelon juice day. I swear it weighs more than 30 lbs.

Today I'm still drinking the juices I made yesterday. I know fresh is ideal but sometimes it's nice to make some ahead so that I don't have to do it as often. I am drinking juices with a strong fruit base in the morning and then the more vegetable based ones later in the day.

The green juice I made yesterday is: dill, parsley, kale, celery, cucumber, carrot, fennel, apples, wheat grass and a lemon. The citrus helps to preserve the juice, so if you aren't going to drink it right away, it's good to add some lemon or lime. No, it doesn't taste as good as the fruitier juices, but it is palatable and it helps to alkalize the GI track. It also provides amino acids and vitamins and minerals.

As promised here are some before photos, though I really hate posting pictures of myself. I tend to shy away from cameras--always have. No, I don't wear makeup and I seem to have inherited my mom's tendency to look half asleep or drunk on camera even when I'm not. So yeah, here they are.

This was me back in March when I started juicing. Yeah, I know. A lot of weight to lose. And no, I'm not pregnant here.

And this is me now. Still a long way to go, but you can see that I've lost a couple of bowling balls. I've been tracking my weight and measurements and will post them at the end.

So I've done one walk today. It is raining here, so I'm not sure how much more I'll get in tonight, but I'll try to do one more and some of my yoga DVD.

I'm down 3 lbs since I started on just juice, so I hope that momentum continues.

My goal for this first week or two is to go to bed earlier. It's something I have a really hard time with. But I'd like to get to sleep at 1:00 rather than 2:00 or later. So I'll see how that goes over the next couple of weeks. I'd like to eventually get it back to 11:00 so that I have more of the day to get the things done that I need to do.

A call-out to my friend, Roger, who is doing 30 days along with me. He is feeling a lot better since he started juicing and I'm happy to see him doing so well. Juice on, buddy. 

That's all for today. Hope you have a great evening and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment