Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mini Pizzas

Mini Pizzas






These disappeared so quickly that I had a really hard time getting a picture. They ate one plate of them and this was the second pan that I baked. I guess I'll be making them again.

I made a large batch of bread dough and just made these out of what would have been a loaf of bread. So a standard bread dough recipe will suffice.

1 1/2 C Warm water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 Tblsp oil
4 C flour
1 1/2 tsp yeast


  1. knead well and let rise for a couple of hours.
  2. Break up into small balls and roll out (pretty much like the pita recipe I gave before.)


In fact, you could use mini pitas that you buy at the store instead if you wanted. It would be a lot less cooking time.

I added sauce and cheese and a bit of chopped green onion and red peppers. You could add any toppings that you like and make several different flavors if you wanted. That would be ideal and what I'd do for myself and my husband. But kids are always fussy, so I just kept it simple.

Bake 10 min at 400 F. 

Tip: when you roll out the dough, use semolina flour (duram wheat). You can even add some of this to your pizza dough if you want. It makes it nice and crunchy. I dust the pizza pan with semolina and it doesn't stick at all.

Great stuff. They'll be eaten before you can get the next pan out of the oven. A guaranteed crowd pleaser. Yum! Not that I ate any, but I certainly will put this on the menu one night once my juice feast is over. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment