Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 5 of my 60 Day Juice Feast

Today is going well. I woke up a little stiff and sore this morning. It's probably partially the detox and partially all the yoga. I'm sure that's why my shoulders are sore.

It's a grey and half raining kind of day which always makes me feel sluggish. Sandy has a pot of pea soup on the stove. It smells good in here. I'm going to make some little pita breads and hummus for the kids later. I'll post my recipe later on if I can get some pics. My camera battery is dying, so it will probably be a lot later or maybe even tomorrow before I post it.

Today's Juice

Yummy Melon, Pineapple Juice

 The red juice is what's left of yesterdays watermelon juice. The stuff in the glass is honeydew melon, pineapple, a lemon (to preserve it), and a few apples. It's delicious. I needed something different after a couple of days of watermelon juice. So I made a couple of different kinds.


Day 5 Juices





The dark juice in the back doesn't look very nice, I know. That's what happens when you combine carrots and spinach. You get a muddy looking, but tasty juice. I made that one with carrots, spinach, celery, cucumber and apple. It's nice to have a juice that isn't too sweet for later in the day when you want to wind down.


Exercise While Juice Feasting

What about exercising while juice feasting? Well, a juice feast is a cleanse where you try to eliminate toxins from the body. Your body is freed up from the job of digestion so that it can spend it's energy cleaning itself out. If you do vigorous exercise or lift weights while juice feasting, you are slowing down this process. There will be time to build when the juice feast is over. Sometimes I feel like I want to lift weights again, so I have to keep reminding myself of this. I want to do the juice feast in as short a time as possible, so I don't want to slow it down by doing too much exercise.

There are some activities that are good to do when juice feasting though. Walking or jogging, depending on your fitness level are okay, especially when outside in nature. Yoga is a good exercise as it helps with stress and it uses a lot of oxygen. Oxygen, relaxation, and gentle exercise should be the backbone of a good cleanse. Be gentle with your body. When you feel energetic, go for a walk. When you're tired, rest.

Weight Loss and Juice Feasting

The weight comes off at an amazing rate while juice feasting. I'm losing about a pound or two a day right now. I expect it would be a little slower if I were closer to my goal weight, but it's much faster than any other weight loss. And I feel good--better than I have on any "diet" I've done in the past. I feel clear headed and more alive than I ever have.

Eating live foods makes you feel alive. So whatever your state of health right now, eat more live foods--uncooked fruits and veggies and you will see a huge difference.

So I've lost five pounds as of this morning in my four days of juice feasting so far.

Onward!


I'm off for a walk now and then to make some munchies for the kids. See you at the end of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment