Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 13 of my 60 Day Juice Feast

Setbacks

So I've totally messed up my juice feasting with a couple of salads. And they were good salads too. Yum! Back to juicing tomorrow and I'll see how it goes. No promises.

Today I had green juice and watermelon again. I haven't drank as much juice because I did eat a couple of times today. I had a salad this evening and earlier, well, I'll show you what I had and give you the recipe. They were delicious.

Setbacks are sometimes inevitable in life. But you just pick yourself up, shake it off, and start again. I'll be back to just juicing tomorrow for as long as I can go. I'm making some breakthroughs with my weight, so all is not lost. The things I'm eating, I'm just making sure are very clean. No fats or anything to clog me up.

Watermelon Treat

 

I was surprised that the kids liked this as well as they did. My 7-yr-old just loved them.

  • Cucumbers sliced whatever thickness you like. The thinner they are, the easier it is to eat it, but they have to be thick enough to be stiff.
  • Slices of watermelon
  • The original recipe calls for feta cheese, but I used my macadamia nut cheese that I made for the raw tacos.

Sauce

  • 2 Tblsp lime juice
  • 2 Tblsp honey 
  • sprig or two of mint 
  1. Prepare stacks of cucumber, watermelon, cucumber, watermelon.
  2. Sprinkle cheese on top.
  3. You can refrigerate this until you are ready to serve.
  4. Mix lime juice, honey and finely chopped mint. Save some mint for sprinkling 
  5. Pour sauce over them and serve.
  6. Sprinkle chopped mint over everything.
  This is a great cool treat for a hot day. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Well I can see that we seem to have both been overcome by the heat,and chosen the path of darkness. Only joking,and I have been even worse, I missed a meal of juice altogether. That said it's off to the juicer and mix up a carrot,apple mixture,yes from you, and hit the rack. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete