Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 9 of my 60 Day Juice Feast

Juicy Update

Okay, so it isn't technically day 9 anymore. I missed it by 30 minutes. But we'll have to call it close enough. It was a busy day. I got some work done on my ebook, made cookies for the kids, and went shopping and made juice.

Today was pretty good, following a rough night of detox symptoms. My back was so sore last night--ugh. I'm glad it's over. But today I feel healthy again and have my energy back. I'm just a little sore in the feet--which isn't unusual for me.

I've been craving a lot of things today and I'm starting to realize what some of my food triggers are. I want to eat when I'm tired for sure and I've always know this. But I didn't realize I was a stress eater. Had a bit of a shock today when I realized we were going to have about $400 less than we thought this month and immediately started craving comfort foods--foods I don't even like the taste of anymore. And I mean some powerful cravings. But I managed to make cookies and not taste anything, so that's a pretty good day since I haven't had any solids in 9 days. :)

All in all, today was a success. I'll keep it short again today and sign off with that.

Today's Juice

So today I had watermelon juice for most of the day, but this is what I made tonight. The green juice is close to the same thing I usually make. The orange juice is 1/2 bag of organic carrots, 1 fennel (or anise if you prefer to call it that), 1 lemon, and 6 apples. I might have gone a bit overboard with the carrots, but it's quite tasty. I'd use maybe 1/3 of a bag of carrots the next time.


Okay, I'm signing off now. I'll post a really simple recipe as well tonight.

Juice on!

No comments:

Post a Comment