Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 7 of my 60 Day Juice Feast

Update

I felt pretty good today, but a little tired. So if I don't sound very coherent, it's just exhaustion talking.

I managed a walk today and I cleaned for awhile, so I guess my energy wasn't bad earlier. But I'm tired now, and almost out of juice, and not able to make more until sometime tomorrow. Tonight might be a bit of a test for me and I might have to blend up a smoothie later, to tide me over. The only fruit I have left is one lemon.

Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good. Just going through some detox symptoms today--a bit tired and irritable and I have a bit of a headache. I don't think I'll have trouble getting to bed early tonight.

Today's Juice

Today I'm finishing off the last of the watermelon juice. It was really good. Watermelon, pomegranate, lemon and a couple of apples. And I made a green juice out of what I had left in the fridge: spinach, celery, cucumber and a couple of tomatoes. It isn't the tastiest juice, but it does make me feel more settled.

The watermelon juice I find very cleansing. It makes me feel a bit jittery at the end of the day. The more vegetable based juices are good for calming that down a bit. Also, I find herbal teas calming.

Blueberry Smoothie

A special treat tonight to stretch the rest of my juice a bit farther.


Frozen blueberries, watermelon juice and vanilla. Yum! Why do I feel so naughty eating something this healthy?

The Truth About Your Skin

As I mentioned yesterday I will talk a little more about skin today. Yesterday I mentioned exercising and brushing your skin. Today I just wanted to talk a bit about the function of the skin.

The skin functions as a means to eliminate waste from your body in much the way that your kidneys filter and eliminate. Some people call the skin your third kidney. In fact, if your kidneys aren't filtering well, you'll find more stuff coming out through your skin.

Toxins can be eliminated through perspiration and also through acne.

But they can't be eliminated if you cover your skin with cosmetics or antiperspirants, creams and sunscreen. It's best to use as little as possible on your skin.

I've been trying to avoid toxic chemicals because your skin is porous, so whatever you put on it goes into your body. It's almost like you are drinking your skin cream. So, the question arises, could you drink your skin cream, if you wanted to?

There are safe alternatives to moisturizers and chemical laden washes that can be made from stuff that you probably have in your cupboards right now.


Body Scrub

2 parts sea salt
1 part baking soda
coconut oil--enough to make a paste.

I also added some rose petals to this and blended it in a food processor. It was really nice and made my skin so soft. I love this and will continue to use it often.

Face Toner


Aloe Vera juice
Water

Splash on face.

Avocado Face Mask


Blend avocado with a little lemon juice

Smear on your face and let soak into your skin for awhile.

Avocado Face Wash


Avocado
Orange juice
Sugar

Mix together until the desired consistency and use as a gentle face wash.

Mouthwash

1 C peppermint tea
1 tsp rosemary

Steep, cool and pour into bottle. You can keep it in the fridge for a few days.

Tooth Whitener


Lemon juice and salt.

Apply to yellowed teeth and rinse

Or rub the inside of an orange rind on your teeth.


I still haven't found any suitable shampoo replacements. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Okay, I'm off for a cup of tea and maybe some reading before I go to bed early.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment